Ham Nation (Wednesdays) General Discussion

Hosted by Bob Heil, Gordon West, George Thomas, Don Wilbanks, Valerie Hotzfeld, Amanda Alden, Dale Puckett

Share in the excitement and importance of ham radio - from tossing an antenna wire into a tree allowing you to talk to the world, to the importance of ham radio operators in time of disasters with hosts Bob Heil, Gordon West, George Thomas, Don Wilbanks, Valerie Hotzfeld, Amanda Alden, and Dale Puckett.

Records live every Wednesday at 9:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Pacific / 01:00 (Thu) UTC.

2 Likes

Glad to see a Ham Radio forum. I got my novice in 1953 and extra in 1955. First calls were WN0RYM and then W0RYM and now W0MN. My current antenna system is not too good for the current propagation but for mow is the best I can do. An 80 Mtr halfwave dipole with ladder line and a tuner. Thanks to the linear I can get a fair amount of activity.

Welcome W0MN - great call sign! I’m a general myself but antennaless for now. I figure once I stop talking so much on TWiT I can start playing with my radios (I have some very nice ICOM gear thanks to the show.) My somewhat overambitious plan is to learn CW and spend some time collecting QSL cards from around the world!

This forum will get more active once we tell Bob and the others it exists! I was planning to go out of beta sometime around Thanksgiving, but maybe we’ll speed up the timeline to do it before I go on vacation 10/21.

73 from W6TWT

3 Likes

I love Ham Nation! Keep up the great work, guys!

KG5LTZ from ABQ

BB

Hi everyone!

I just joined today. QTH is New Forest, England, UK. Licensed in 1991 and probably one of very few who changed their name and realised years later my callsign was perfect!

73s & 88s

Catie L x

Hey Ham Nation viewers! I’ll be browsing through here periodically to bring any lively discussions onto the show. Feel free to give your feedback on what was your favorite topic each week. :star_struck:
73 de K1DDN

1 Like

Hi Amanda @K1DDN!

I was just watching Ham Nation on my iPad Pro whilst in the bath. LOL

Catie L

2 Likes

Not a ham - though I am studying with Gordo’s material for technician. Love hamnation especially George and his stories. The passion you all have for the hobby is just so fun and inspiring.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m a General Class ham radio operator, but I don’t like sharing my callsign online because it gives away so much information (name, address, etc). I tend to use a “pen name” in forums like this for privacy.

Anywho, I’ll be watching this sub-forum with much interest!