Gaming on the Mac

I loved this week’s TWiT episode…I’m a long time Windows / Android user who has given good thought to moving to Apple due to my continued frustrations with my life flow with Microsoft / Google.

I absolutely do not “game” as much as I used to. That said, I have hundreds of Steam and GOG games, most of which do not have a Mac equivalent or are able to be emulated properly. I’d be giving up a good chunk of those games. I like to fire up classic games from time to time so classic gaming is important to have. (Older Star Wars games, Zork Grand Inquisitor, Tex Murphy,etc).

I’ve seen videos of people trying to emulate games on Parallels and it’s been a mixed bag.

So just wondering if other Windows / Android users have thought about this recently.

Emulation isn’t to shabby on Osx. I really enjoy Apple Arcade ($5.00 a month) on my RyzenTosh. But real gaming is a Window’s or now Linux thing IMHO. Just Allocate a Windows Pc for gaming only . Do all work,business, Shopping. With Mac and Linux and you should be good.

2 Likes

So I don’t even browse the net at all on my Windows side of my PC. Only games. I rarely have issues either. The last issue I encountered was the 2004 update. A bunch of games wouldn’t launch on stream. So I downloaded the 2004 iso and did a fresh install and updated. still a bit wonky but the latest update seemed to make it a bit better.

There is also a Linux emulation layer that allows windows steam games to be played in Linux. It does not work with all of them but you might have good results with some games.

2 Likes

Thats good to know…thank you…

“There is also a Linux emulation layer that allows windows steam games to be played in Linux. It does not work with all of them but you might have good results with some games”.

Proton

2 Likes