Events 4: CES 2020 - On the Floor Part 1

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

What the heck was Lars @ NXP on? @ant_pruitt amazing job maintaining your composure and staying focused with all the show distraction.

Caption: “Hope this isn’t contagious”

2 Likes

lol! He’s the CTO and boy was he excited to talk about the chipsets and UWB. I loved his passion. Btw, Mr. Scott Wilkinson was AWESOME in the TV segments. If you’ve not watched those, check 'em out. He knows soooo much and his energy was great in front of the camera.

2 Likes

Great coverage. Thanks @Leo and @ant_pruitt. Great work by the editors getting all together. Kinda think it should have more than the 100-odd views on YouTube.

I don’t know… I don’t think he was that OTT. I know some people like that…

2 Likes

Just a thought… would centre-weighted or spot metering have helped with the image going light and dark so much, or using manual exposure. There were some challenging lighting conditions in some of the shots though.

2 Likes

spot maybe. It’s fascinating to me because every convention I’ve visited (only 3 or 4) have these bad lighting scenarios, even though products are to be shown off for the masses. But even with spot metering, there’s the fact that the camera is moving, the subject/speaker was moving also. I can’t and won’t speak for when Mr. Laporte was shooting, but when I shot I moved to try to keep the mic aligned as well as to fight the flashing lights everywhere. If Mr. Laporte wants me onsite next year (hope he does), I’ll bring some additional portable lights to help with this. Was a fun shoot, even though challenging. I enjoyed EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

2 Likes

And people moving around in the background too. I notice a couple of times when someone walked in front of some bright lights and the shot dimmed. Maybe a hotshoe mounted light to even out the lighting and provide a constant lighting source?

2 Likes

exactly my thought. I have a couple of those to try.

2 Likes

I remember posting a tweet from the BBC technology correspondent a few weeks ago, which showed his cameraman using a phone-based camera rig with a light on it the same size as the phone. Makes me think that he also might have found a need for a close-up light source to stop the phone camera from over-reacting to light changes. Good luck with the experiments!

2 Likes