Best Ripping Software?

It"s been about 15 years since I’ve had windows computer till it gave up. Now i have new gaming PC with windows 10. i went from Vista to 10 with a sprinkle Linux and Chromebook in between. OK saying that it’s about as long since I ripped my music now my Mom wants to digitize her music cause i think she done with CDs. so i said i would do it for her . I bought a Blu ray ROM. I don’t what I used back then now i don’t know whats safe.

So whats a good software for ripping CDs DVD & Blu rays?

1 Like

This is what I use

CD’s - Exact Audio Copy
DVD’s - DVD Decerypter (For full disc rips) MakeMKV (for just main title)
Blu Ray - MakeMKV (has options for both full disc and main title only)

1 Like

Yeah I would recommend EAC. I think the plugin that provides the title info is worth the money too… it sure saves a lot of error prone typing if you have a lot of discs to process.

1 Like

I use handbrake. I buy dvds of classic films and then rip them and import them in my plex server.
I think Handbrake work on Linux and windows

2 Likes

To be clear, as downloaded from the the Handbrake site, it is not capable of ripping protected discs. You need to acquire and install an extra plugin for that ability.

1 Like

I think that I did not have to go through that process because I installed handbreak using a package manager.
I think it pulled in the necessary dependencies without me doing anything additional.

1 Like

I think VLC is best for ripping https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

However it is not the easiest to use.

2 Likes