Bad internet with an side of fire danger

In my apartment to have very bad internet good for E-mail, Facebook, webselfing and sort like 3 to 10 min SD Videos. Bad for thing’s like PS Now, HD Video, Skype, Zoom and Google Voice. It trues out where suck at speeds like like 50MBS and under since they refuse to upgrade. That turns out to be also why I can’t an 3rd party ISP since they do what to upgrade even though the Cable TV company they have dale with what’s to over haul the complex and is telling them the ones that are demanding the Gorvement owned fiber knows what we know. The ovel haul is needed it’s age is also an fire issue. It’s just an matter of time before someone dies by fire because of you refusing to over haul they give.

I’m very confused here

2 Likes

My daughter had poor internet. She bought a Verizon Jetpack (mobile hotspot). I don’t know much about it, but my grandson said he can play online streaming games again.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the OP is trying to say, but I have a 50mbps connection (pretty good around here, until the end of last year, when they laid fibre in the street, I will be upgrading to 300mbps - the price remains the same as the current 50mbps connection, but 1gbps was 2.5 times as expensive).

With 50mbps, it is more than enough to stream 4K video in YouTube, Apple TV+ or Amazon Prime Video.

1 Like

I assume living in an apartment complex, you are limited to using what they provide, and it sounds like it’s cable and old, with disagreements on who should foot the bill for upgrades.

Agree with @Tiny , do you get decent 4G/5G? If so, a hotspot or mobile data router might be a solution.

We’re still ADSL at home, but it’s quick enough. Moving to a new ISP recently has really sorted latency which has made a noticeable difference. Fibre is currently being rolled out. The aim is to turn off the copper in 2027. Analog phones go in 2025.

1 Like

Sometimes I miss rotary phones…

Is your 50mbps fire-safe though?

2 Likes

Hmm, the router is on the fire safe and there is a smoke detector above it… I feel I have done all I can. :smiley:

2 Likes

Jamze I can’t move to new ISP. The ISP I what also can’t work wiring they have, The ISP what for less money then I’m playing now gives me over 1GBS no littems of any kind, use of any networking hardware i what. No box on the TV if I what TV form them just install their app on the TV. and things like ios dives then ask for it. I’m all set. 4G/5G is out of question.

No in fact the wires is why I have that 50MBS littmte since they just will upgrade. It turns out the company i what to dump has been warring them for year’s to get an upgrade done before some dies by fire. Furgot to add 1 of the rezones I’m suck with this bad internet is No job no chrtro of my life no nothing the has an since of doing something that wound benefit me in any way So just I’m wasting tax players money on over $200 internet, over $300 of useless TV, and over $200 on power. I don’t use Cable TV, the over $200 on internet is mosty the haerdware. if I cound the internet I what all I wound need is one wifi box and one app then all the heardware wound have 1GBS and free baisc TV with over 250 HD channels for less then I’m paying now