Audible - love it or no?

Looks like I’m in the minority here. I neither love nor hate audible. I listen to audio books for free from my local library.

3 Likes

I have all of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series - they are also extremely long read times - finished them all

I tried Audible for a while. My favorite listen was The Martian. The opening sentence was killer.
Podcasts replaced Audible. I subscribe to way too many. When I want to read a book, I read the book on my Kindle Voyage. Speaking of that…why did Amazon quit making that model? Looks great and fits in my hand perfectly. It’s starting to get glitchy and I don’t like the form factor of the Oasis.

3 Likes

Love it. My primary way of reading for leisure

3 Likes

That opening line was awesome.

4 Likes

Audible user for years now! I checked my library count…just under 200 but I only have two not listened to. The most credits I’ve ever accumulated is three and that was so I could get a series.

I began the habit of alternating fiction and non fiction about a year ago. It’s sometimes hard to not cheat but I’ve stuck with it. I love the Great Courses series and too many sci fi books to choose from.

I have no problem listening to a book either while doing something or just sitting staring into space. Heck, I’ve even sat in my driveway listening to Audible to get to the end of a chapter! I’ve always been a book fiend and besides Audible, I also read still on my Kindle or (gasp) read actual books…often I have several going. I don’t seem to have a problem getting lost or confusing one story with another. It just works for me.

1 Like