AirPods and AirPods Pro - Equivalents

My question is simple, is there and equivalent product whos connectivity is the same as these Apple greats?

1 Like

You didn’t say what you’re connecting them to? The supposed greatness (I put it this way because I have no personal experience) of Apple’s Bluetooth headphones is their augmentation via special silicon. If you’re not connecting the headphones to Apple gear (assuming that is even possible), then I don’t think that is much of an advantage. I have heard great things about the Jabra Elite’s and they have even been reviewed here on TWiT.

2 Likes

Thanks yes, connecting to all my Apple devices.
Other Bluetooth headphones only seem to connect to two devices at a time (Bose)
I’ll look at the Jabra, I read great things about them.

As @PHolder said, the Jabras are supposed to be very good. I know that @ant_pruitt and one of the AAA crowd (Jason?) also swears by them. Bose also make relatively good ear buds, but you are also paying a bit for the name. Likewise, Bayer Dynamics have also brought out their own buds, which are supposed to be the usual high quality and very natural soundstage affairs, but usual BD prices.

If you only want them for podcasts and audio books or for sport where they could easily get lost, there are many Chinese “no-name” headsets in the $40 - $80 range, which are supposedly “okay” if the fidelity isn’t as important - and if the fidelity is really important, you’d be going for Bayer Dynamics over ears anyway.

I have the Samsung Buds+, which were “free” with my Galaxy S20+ and they are also very good - I really like the background noise mode. Instead of noise cancelling, they enhance the sounds around you. Great when out walking, you can hear cyclists coming up behind you and out in the woods and fields, you can hear the nature around you much more clearly, whilst also enjoying a podcast or music.

I never understood the AirPods, the originals, they make the wearers look like a pratt with a couple of toothbrush heads sticking out of their ears… The AirPods Pro have caught up with the rest of the market, in terms of design and look half-way decent. There were already a couple of “proper” looking buds from the likes of Sennheiser and Bose on the market and the AirPods just looked ridiculous in comparison.

2 Likes

Yeah either the Jabra Elite or Edifier TWS 6. The TWS6 are one of two brands that actually survived my sweat

1 Like