AirPlay to Apple TV

Since the first of the year, I’m having all kinds of trouble getting any of the Club TWiT video podcasts to stream from my iPad to my Apple TV. Sometimes, if I reboot everything a couple of times, it will work. Other times, it just doesn’t work. I’ve made no chances to my home network, but have updated all my Apple devices to the current OS versions. I can play the podcasts fine on my iPad, but turn on mirroring and it just stops. It looks like maybe it’s buffering, but eventually just gives up and stops.

I could play them right from the Apple Podcasts app right on the Apple TV, but I set the speed at 1.25, which can’t be done on the app on the Apple TV. I can stream from my iPad to the Apple TV in other apps, like YouTube, BritBox, Discovery Plus, etc., with no issues at all. Any ideas?

Did a little more testing. It definitely seems to be related to Club TWiT podcasts. Since I had watched MBW, it wasn’t there for me to try downloading, so I downloaded the non Club TWiT version. Took about 6 minutes to download the 2 hour 30 minute episode. I also downloaded iOS Today which is Club TWiT only. That 59 minute episode took about 40 minutes to download. Something’s not quite right there!