About Lory Gil

Considered the “Joan of Arc” of tech help and how-tos by exactly no one, Lory spends her days writing about Apple at iMore.com and her nights playing video games. She fancies herself a bit of a rock star when no one is watching. When she’s not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).

1 Like

I can say, with a very high level of certainty, that Lory is a superstar with macOS and iOS related help articles. She has saved me a lot when I’ve been in a pinch and poof iMore is there to save the day. Thank you, @Lory

4 Likes

Indeed, @GrandmaChaz, I take issue with the OP’s contention that she’s “Considered the ‘Joan of Arc’ of tech help and how-to’s by exactly no one”! Just this week, an iMore guide to optical drives for Mac/iOS she updated this past September rescued me from the tar-pit of algorithmic muck in which Google and Amazon were miring me! For this, I thank her profusely.

She does a lot of heavy-lifting at iMore that’s not as flashy as Rene’s YouTube and not always the hot new topic, but that is precisely why the topics she does tackle can be so valuable to those hunting for such information! 3 cheers for Lori Gill! :medal_military::tada::sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this comment. One of the things I’m most proud of is my understanding of tech and my ability to explain it to others.

1 Like

LOL. Thanks for noticing me hiding in the background, furiously typing away with my red vines and Mountain Dew by my side. I’m actually the one that wrote that bio, so don’t be mad at anyone. :joy: You can call me the Joan of Arc of tech any time.

2 Likes

I should hasten to add: by no means would I want praise for work in a given area to limit opportunities toward others :sweat_smile: You do seem, not unlike Andy Ihnatko, to genuinely care beyond Apple’s shiny-new spotlight, and for that I think you deserve respect, wherever your career in tech may lead.

1 Like