AAA 635: Hall of Fame

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

Haven’t listened to the show yet to get the details, but was taken aback when I saw the tweet saying AAA is being pulled :pensive:

In the hall of fame, why no mention for Huawei, the first partnership with a ‘real’ photography company ie Leica, I know the US government doesn’t like them but they still made the best phone camera

2 Likes

My Android history started with the HTC Desire, about 2010? Running Eclair, they gave them out at work as they wanted to move away from BlackBerry. Didn’t go anywhere, 'cos all the management types were BYOD’ing their iPhones and ignoring the IT policies.

OnePlus 1 was excellent, stuck with them through to the 7T Pro. Also had Moto G, Pixel 3 and 4, Samsung S20 and S22.

Thanks, AAA, you’ve been there throughout

2 Likes

For context, this is the tweet.
https://twitter.com/TWiT/status/1671276862239039488

Thank you to all involved in making 635 episodes of AAA. I have never regretted spending the time to listen to every single episode since the show first started, that is not something I can say about most podcasts.

5 Likes

Very nice last show, fun to walk down memory lane of the Android world. Hope to see Ron and Huyen back on the network at some point.

1 Like

Wow!!! Leo pulled the plug on AAA, and then beat it out of town. My first was HTC Incredible. Loved it but was confused for some time about why it had a music player that could not remove. (My choice was Google Music!)

All of the hosts are American.

1 Like

The best Android phone I had was the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, in a lot of ways it was better than its replacement, the Samsung Galaxy S20+.

Sorry to see AAA go, but it was a show I dipped in and out of, before I switched to iPhone.

Doesn’t mean they are always right :grin:. It was an Android hall of fame, not an American Android hall of fame,

That would be like having a baseball world series and only having American teams… Oh wait, never mind :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The Motorola Atrix, had a dock and could link it to my TV. Was that the first phone that could do that?
I will miss you all. I have listened to almost all of your shows from day 1 all the way through. The only ones I didn’t listen to all the way through were the ones (s) where the whole show was dedicated to music services.

Best of luck to you all

The first Moto G had more impact here IMO than the Moto X. £129 for a usable Android phone that had a lightly skinned version of Android. Predated the Pixel 3a by 6 years. It was the default choice if you didn’t want a flagship.

1 Like

Had the Atrix, didn’t use the TV dock much but I got so much use out of the Lapdock - could have it open taking notes for seven hours of meetings and still had a phone battery at 100% when the lapdock ran out.

Later had the Moto Z Play and the clip on battery pack that added an extra 3490mAh and could be set to keep the phone battery at 80%. Became my total favourite for many years.

1 Like

I miss phones that had Micro-HDMI out. Had it on the Moto RAZR circa 2012

1 Like

These days, most phones are USB-C, no? There must be a dongle that can give HDMI from USB-C??

what about Canadian BB teams?

Apologies, didn’t know there were such things, have they ever won?

Montreal used to have the Expos. These days there are just the Toronto Blue Jays.

1 Like

And TWIT talks about Google cancelling things…

2 Likes