Your First 5 Apps ...go!

1. Labyrinth lite
  2. Tap tap revenge
  3. Cube runner
  4. Shakespere
  5. PapiJump

C7DA2365-5425-41DE-A3B8-BC62C72A523C

My first cell phones were feature phones, the Nokia “bar” that everyone had at that time in the early 2000’s and then later, around 2007 the Moto Razr. I was quite excited to finally get a smart phone… and I waited and waited for Android 4 to come out… and got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I remember being loathe to spend money on apps… but the first one I finally decided I had to have, for a whopping $0.99 was the Swiftkey keyboard… prompted from learning about it from XKCD: https://xkcd.com/1068/

Nothing as exciting as Doodle Jump! Notice I’m only still using one. This is iOS. I’ll post Android when I get home.

1 Like

These are my top purchased but not necessarily used :

I can’t take the credit for these downloads as my wife had an iPhone before I did — I was a Samsung Galaxy S and Blackberry Storm user until I eventually converted with the iPod Gen 3 and the iPhone 5c.

I also supported the Dreamcast, Zune HD and Surface RT. I have a tendency to support the underdogs. And I love Windows. :joy:

Hi, everybody! (Long time Tech TV, G4TV, and Twit fan!)

1 Like

I was about to call @Leo a nerd for having the NYT app be in his first 5… and then this happened. :eyes: :man_facepalming:

The 4S was my first iPhone. I gave up on Android when my new Nexus One was outdated after a year and a half. I find it a little odd that I don’t use any of the first five apps I downloaded anymore.

Interesting. I see only iOS screenshots above :slight_smile:

Not sure how to get this list on my android phone though. (I mean, ordering by date)

Doesn’t get much more generic than this haha, my actual first smartphone was a Windows Phone (Samsung Ativ S) but that is long gone.

Just 2¢: since screen shots of text are not very accessible to those with low vision, I went back and edited mine to have “alt text” other than the file name. It’s quite easy to do if you want to as well:

When you add a picture here, the picture is inserted using markdown of:
![filename](upload://___.jpeg)

But filename is actually the “alt text” (what screen readers see) and is better used as your description of the image. For mine, I changed it to:

![screen shot of iTunes Remote, AIM, Facebook, Google, and New York Times apps. Purchased on July 11, 2008.](upload://___.jpeg)

2 Likes