Weird program in control panel can't be removed

Hello,

I have a strange program in my control panel called “BDE adminstrator” which is the borland database engine see screenshot and link at the bottom . When I click on it in control panel nothing happens.

There is no option in control panel to remove or revo uninstaller. I have scanned my computer with malware bytes, spybot and an antivirus scanner. It may not be a virus/malware and it might have been installed when I was trying to install a software program made in the late 90s/early 2000s, since it looks like an out of date software. I have no idea how to remove it and a guide I found to remove it from system32 but the file isn’t there and its not in the registry either under borland so I have no idea what to do.

Any help would be appreciated

http://www.nknabe.dk/database/pdxeditor/help/index.html?bde-and-windows-settings.html
bde

Have you installed any other software recently, maybe that is written in a Borland language and it has brought the runtime BDE with it?

Borland is a name that hasn’t been used in a long time. These days all the Borland tech belongs to Embarcadero. So it may be a really old piece of software that would install the BDE or else it should be Interbase.

1 Like