TWIG 675: The Quibi Button

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

by default i feel that all phones numbers & providers should have a choice of whom calls/texts number
like contacts only, if the phone is used for verification those company can be safelist or added
“sorry the person your try to contact has not added you to there contacts”

1 Like

Jeff was dreaming about a service that he could search for shows, and then get info about where it could be watched, and notified when it’s available.
Plex has this function now, as the newly added “Discover” feature. I love this, as I can search for anything, and add it to my watchlist. When it arrives to any of my services, it pops up in the “Available from your watchlist”.

2 Likes

Thx for sharing this

This would be problem some for many reasons. I work at a nursing home as a bus driver. When I drop someone off for an appointment I leave a business card that has the numbers to all 5 stations and my boss, I check off two numbers the Unit the resident resides and my boss cell phone. This way my cell phone isn’t out there for all to see. If they don’t pay attention to the card they will google the name of the company I work for and call our front desk who will then call me. Since I can have some days 5-7 appointments which can be very busy and very hectic, I will have family that request I call them with an ETA for pick up. When I return the call I *67 my number as it’s my personal cell phone. If someone were to block my number simply for hiding it or not being in their contacts it would make my job 1000X harder. I do use the Verizon Call Filter app on my iPhone and when I get a call from someone that I answer and it’s legitimately spam I will report it as so. If it’s just a lender of mine, I let it ring and go to voicemail and go on about my business.

2 Likes

Your place of employment needs to provide you with a work cell phone.

1 Like