TWIG 634: Russian Touchdown

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

Thinking about the Amazon stores and there being no fresh produce, everything has to be in cans and bottles: I would guess around 70% of our weekly shop is fresh fruit and vegetables from the produce section and fresh meat or deli cuts from the butchery section.

There is no way I would go into a store that didn’t have a produce section or an in store butcher’s.

Edit:
Quitting a job: that isn’t as easy here, in Europe. Everywhere I’ve worked has required at least a month’s notice. The last 4 jobs I’ve had required 3 months notice. There are cases, where the 3 months don’t have to be observed, such as during the probationary period, where it is usually a week or gross misconduct, where you will be marched off the site straight away.

Babel: in English, it is pronounced Babe-l. To talk incoherently is to babble.

2 Likes

Oh boy, do I look forward to hear you guys discuss “Truth Social” next week. Then again, it’s like a nightmare re-emerging. At least in time for Halloween. Given the big blue Metaverse, we are heading deeper and deeper into that brave new world.

3 Likes

Small correction about phone pricing. The Pixel 6 is not half the price of the iPhone 13; the latter is $799 for the 128GB model. (And includes mm wave, for what it’s worth (not much now, honestly)).

1 Like

Regarding the conversation about how Podcasters aren’t making any money. I haven’t heard it talked about on any twit shows (may have missed it), but there are some podcasts that now accept bitcoin donations directly through various podcasting apps. Pretty cool. I use the Breeze app on IOS which makes it pretty easy. Using the app, you can send -x- satoshi’s per minute to the podcaster, or any time send a ‘boost’ of any specified amount. I like the idea of paying the creators directly. Club twit…another good example of directly supporting the podcast creators without third parties (Spotify/Patreon, etc) :+1:

1 Like

TWiT had a BitCoin tipjar years ago…

Yes and all the bitcoin received in that tip jar is safe. Very safe. Well, too safe, actually.

5 Likes

Looks like Truth Social, the Donald’s new social site, is a fork of Mastodon. So why not get ahead of the game and join https://twit.social. Also Mastodon. I wonder if they’ll federate?

4 Likes

They are not only forking Mastodon - they are violating the AGPL3 license!

5 Likes

Check out the Verge story on Delphi… essentially no better than a Magic 8-ball…

1 Like

If Assassins Creed Odyssey taught me anything (and it taught me surprisingly much), I learned that the original Oracle, Pythia, was in permanent trance due to intoxication from a natural gas leak in the floor beneath the temple. So at least the label “Delphi” might be on par with these modern tools’ performances. :thinking:

1 Like

can we get time codes for the social media discussion in the future, so one can easily skip it?
not that i mind those discussions in principle, but i hate spending 20 minutes to an hour every week on essentially the same discussion, that ends with “we’re not gonna find a solution here and now” every time.
plus it’s usually not really news of the week material anyway.

1 Like

I love this show. I think it really should be called This Week in Banter because that’s what I really like - the far-reaching conversations among you. Such a great group of people to listen in to.

4 Likes

Thanks Peggy! I look forward to it all week long. Glad you like it too!

3 Likes

I laughed so frikkin hard at Rushin (Russian) touchdown!!!

3 Likes

THANKS, Peggy. Or maybe “This Week in Us Yelling At Each Other” Lol!

1 Like

My dadgum southern drawl. Smh
Lol!

2 Likes