Things that drive me nuts

There is a classic book called “Sanity is Where You Find It” by Will Rogers. Probably in the public domain now. Timely way back when, and also with all the political crap going on today. HE should have been a president in his time. Many younger folks probably have never heard of him, but he was called the great cowboy Philosopher of his time.

1 Like

Pirate jokes always appreciated, now that I no longer have to stand pirate watches.

I thought about it. The thing that drive me nuts the most is, people who make assumptions about me. Case in point: I remarked on a Facebook Travel group that I wasn’t bothered about traveling right now because I believe I have a day to die, and that I will die on that day. Some stranger wrote, “Said by a person who has never been in developing countries with poor health systems.” Granted the developing countries I tend to live in have good health systems. I pointed out to her that I was in China for SARS. I have been traveling the world since I was 17, but people think because I am an old woman, I have spent my life tending my cats and knitting. (Despite being a merchant mariner for 41 years, I still had plenty fo time for cats and knitting, I have to admit.)

4 Likes

This drives me nuts:
On a few occasions @Leo and others (Jason Calacanis) have talked about the Bill Gates Foundation giving large sums of money to help eradicate polio from the world and how wonderful it is that HE is doing this. What they fail to mention is who Gates partnered with: Rotary International. Rotary clubs around the globe have raised money and put volunteers in the field to vaccinate people starting in 1988. The Gates Foundation joined the effort in 2000.

Here’s an article:

So, if you are going to tell the Gates/polio story, please tell the whole story.
And yes, I am a Rotarian.

4 Likes
5 Likes

LastPass can show you the password. You may have to use it differently… and they aren’t the ones hiding it. The password field you enter it into is.

I’m sorry…can you repeat that in different words. I have no clue what you mean.

1 Like

Well I presume he was complaining that not all password fields have the option to turn off greeking?? (The dots or stars that hide the password as you enter it.)

1 Like

Waiting behind someone checking 14 lottery tickets (all losers) when all you want is a packet of Polos.
People who park on petrol pumps but only buy a sandwich and no fuel, whilst there’s cars queuing.
People who complain on forums about trivial stuff ( tongue in cheek)
Auto complete that doesn’t understand what your trying to say and offers random words that don’t make sense etc etc

2 Likes

The brain-dead UK banks are starting to force me to use a 5 digit passcode + SMS instead of the LastPass-generated, unique long, strong passwords I have always used.

1 Like

I think that’s where the digital only neo-banks are a step up from the traditional banks.

1 Like

Ads on Youtube. I get that they have to make money, but it seems like they go overboard.

Bringing children to visit your 85-year-old mom during a pandemic. There has to be some middle ground between unnecessary panic and recklessly exposing the most vulnerable among us.

2 Likes

One reason I still have Google Play All Access/YouTube Premium. I accidently used YouTube without logging in once and the ads were annoying. Of course, this does not remove channel sponsors that are natively in the videos.

I thought the same until I actually tried signing up to a few of them. The ones I looked into (Cash App and Chime) allow account access with only an SMS verification. These new banks are so often designed with the “least common denominator” user in mind. I think that’s way worse than my olde-time credit union.

I love Ally Bank so much. I’ve never felt like that toward any physical bank.