The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-04-26

7 Likes

Nice photos. What kind of bird is it?

The German name is Amsel. It is a baby blackbird.

It was just standing on the lawn. I was out with the dog and had to hold her back, then I went and got the phone and came back, it hadn’t moved. I got within about 10cm from it with the phone and it didn’t mine.

About 10 minutes later, it hopped off under the bushes.

1 Like

Fledglings are pretty vulnerable until they learn to fly. I’m surprised mama or papa weren’t around squawking at it to call it to safety. We have robins that nest here each year and there comes a time in the spring where the fledglings are on the ground and the parents are noisy as all heck in trying to guide them out of danger. You must be further into spring if you have birds already fledging… it will be at least another month or more here…

1 Like

Couple more spring flowers, Galaxy S20.

4 Likes

You know you have to get one of this guy.

5 Likes

Love the clarity of these

1 Like

Recent morning walk. Some mornings I carry only my phone. Some mornings I’ll carry a DSLR, as well. These birds are starting to come out more. So now I have these and hummingbirds to try to snap each week.

8 Likes

That is an amazing photo - @ant_pruitt

The bird looks fantastic against the background.

1 Like

THANKS. I spent a lil time in post goofin’off with the look. I actually did this post processing on a recent live stream on my personal channel. Was fun.

3 Likes

6 Likes

One more, Pixel 3a.

6 Likes

9 Likes

P_J ----Wow that is an amazing shot!

4 Likes

A street art caricature depicting village children having fun with an Areca catechu known as the Pinang Tree in Malaysia. That is also how the name Penang (Pinang) Island got her name.

Village kids will normally sit on the pinang leaf and hold tight to it while another older kid or an adult will pull the other end.

This art work style is done by Lat who is a cartoonist and he is considered to many in the art world of Malaysia, a living legend.

This was captured with a Pixel 3.

6 Likes

It was a little windy here last year.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Got out of the house this morning after getting our flu vaccinations done.

9 Likes

Galaxy S20

6 Likes