The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-01-26

:joy: yeah rough edit while sat in the truck stop. One thing I’ve noticed is my mobile edits are all or nothing. Morris Minor Travellers.

2 Likes

Visiting a local beach, the view from the car park was quite striking.
Taken on a Pixel 4 and edited in Snapseed

3 Likes

Pixel 3 and edited via Google Photos.

My not so little bunny which I should have named Houdini instead of Oakley. She is an escape artist

10 Likes

5 Likes

Too cold for me :smiley:

It was -10°C about 33°F just a little wind and wonderfully refreshing. In few weeks we have a ice marathon here. Some people are skating 200km 124miles.

1 Like

I have neck problems. I don’t like it if it’s below 45F. That’s why I am stuck on the Gulf Coast for the rest of my life

Hey everyone, I went out today for a little photo walk and I used my old Sony a700 and my iPhone 11. I am amazed by the iPhone results. Can you guess which photo is with the DSLR and which the iPhone?

3 Likes

The family went to visit a local nature reserve today. Grey skies, windy and a light mist of rain. The sun peeked out from behind the clouds for a couple of seconds now and then.
Not the kind of winter I grew up with 25-30 years ago. Back then we would have freezing cold and snow for almost all of winter, from November through March. Nowadays this seems to be the new winter weather.

Shot with a Canon 1000D (Rebel XS?), Tamron AF 70-300 4-5.6 Di LD.
Location Stocklycke hamn (Stocklycke harbor) in the south of Sweden.

4 Likes

That makes me want a Pixel phone :face_with_monocle: Great photo. You could title it, “Cloven Coconut.”

2 Likes

Pixel 3 with Moment 18mm Wide Angle.
Singapore near Marina Bay.

Took me some time just to get this angle.

6 Likes

Not me. I live in the Northern Hemisphere in April - Oct, and in the Southern Hemisphere Dec - March, with an occasional trip to Houston. Damned, I just realized that I should have called my blog, “The Migratory Pensioner.”

1 Like

Let’s see, the top one is the DSLR and the bottom one iPhone? Just a WAG based on the two aspect ratios.

That is a crazy looking building. Super cool!

Correct, although I shoot with both camera and phone vertical and horizontally depending on the subject. :slight_smile:

I really wasn’t going by the portrait v. landscape aspect. Had you shot both in landscape I would have still had the same guess. I was going by the fact that lower one looks to be more elongated than the top one.

1 Like

I had the same guess, but I based it on the fact that the colours have more saturation.

2 Likes

IMG_20200206_141906

1 Like