The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-01-05

I just rediscovered a great, free resource: Olympus Magazine. You can access on the web or on a tablet, iOS anyway. Don’t know about android.

https://olympusmag.co.uk/index.php

Imgur

Wolf moon and Rock Doves over silo.

6 Likes

Kind of funny photo story. I was trying as hard as I could to get the moon centered behind the barn cupola. I’m using a 600mm EFV lens on a tripod. Manually pushing the shutter caused the camera to shake. I didn’t have time to get the phone app fired up for remote control so used the 12 second timer. Problem is…the moon moves fast in 12 seconds and it doesn’t set in a straight downward line. This is as close as I could get.

5 Likes

i am impressed.

this was shot during a christmas party last year with a Pixel 3 with Moment Tele lens.

4 Likes

I have strong opinions on dates :wink: I prefer SI order and personally use a slight modification in my personal dealings. I use 2020-Jan-01 as a format, because I find it easier to comprehend quickly. It has an upside and a downside. The upside, you can search for things in “Jan” easier, because the number 01 can match too many things. The downside, it’s language specific, and is less meaningful for non English speakers.

Take a look at the format Leo took for the Tech Guy show titles: :wink:
https://www.twit.community/c/Conversations-about-our-shows/the-tech-guy/31

Yes, I used to be heavily into astronomy. And, if you follow the moon or Saturn or Jupiter or something else. Ya gotta keep moving the scope.

That is a great shot, though!

I like the second one better the way it is. It would seem too “pat” if it were fully centered to be honest.

Enjoying the unseasonably warm weather in NYC.
Imgur

6 Likes

You’re so good, @Joe. Yeah I heard it was warm there in NYC recently.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @ant_pruitt! That means a lot coming from you.

2 Likes

Here are two pictures taken while walking my dog in the evening and one of him growling at something in the back yard. All taken with a Samsung Galaxy S10e.

8 Likes

Lots of great detail in the photo of the dog. Good lighting and composition always helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

doggy looks so dadgum majestic! Love it

2 Likes

Been a bit uninspired to do much photography recently. Forced myself to take my Ricoh out after work and see what I could capture.

Hoping I can feel more creative for my week long getaway at the end of January.

6 Likes

Love the first image. Are you using the GR III?

4 Likes

I’d been that way for a while. Now @ant_pruitt 's words “Create and Dominate” are like an ear-worm…in a good way. :grinning:

4 Likes

Looks like you’re breaking the rut. I like these.
I really like the color one and its interesting lines/grid.

3 Likes

Thanks. Have the GR II, which was half the price but still more camera than my capabilities :grin:

Smart man. Can’t say that I blame you.

Imgur

I don’t do a lot of street photography. Just not my thing. But I do like this photo. This at Plaza de Armas, Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.

5 Likes