4 Likes

I’m a sucker for sun rays :fist_right:t5:

1 Like

I finally shot something in year 2020

5 Likes

kinda like “Got Milk” but its"Got Mustard?" lol

1 Like

Pixel 3.
From the same floor but this time I am looking to my left and using a moment telephoto lens

7 Likes

There’s some great dynamic range in this shot.

3 Likes

Some pictures I took a few days ago.

The moon was setting over the sunset

Pixel 3XL

A few minutes later. Bit of a Nightsight fail imo. Maybe I did not hold the camera steady enough. Still an interesting shot though.

Pixel 3XL with Nightsight

4 Likes

These were taken over Christmas, Midnight Mass actually, at St. Louis Church in Buffalo, NY on my iPhone 11pro max. I believe the church was built in 1820 something.

4 Likes

4 Likes

It’s worth noting that this may not be the case all over the world. In some countries for example, taking a picture at all in sight of a government building could get you into a lot of trouble.

4 Likes

Or an army base. Or even an airport. Memory (which may be faulty) suggests there may have been a past episode in which some tourists got into trouble for taking photos at a Spanish, or Spanish-controlled, airport. If the dim recollection is right, it may have been related to something quasi-military in the background, and civilian airports being classed as part of the military infrastructure. I could be scrambling the facts, I just remember it being something to avoid doing in a foreign country.

1 Like

Posting late to this conversation, but you also have to take into account local laws, especially outside of the USA.

Over here, you can’t take a photo of someone in public without their permission - at least not the focus of a photograph. If you are taking family shots or scenic shots and they happen to be “unidentifiable” in the background, you can use it for personal use (not social media). If you are uploading it to the Internet, you need their permission, just as you do for commercial use.

In fact, when my wife goes to a party, even a family event, she will announce that nobody has her permission to upload photos of her to the Internet.

Someone forgot to start a new thread this week :smiley:

I almost did yesterday, but figured at this point, we may as well wait until next week now…

1 Like

Could we use international format for the date? So 2020-01-06 etc. or even 06 Jan 2020. In the low number months, the US format can easily be misread!

4 Likes

That is how we feel here - hahaha.

Maybe put “Week of Jan 6, 2020” and write out the month

Having worked in a transatlantic context before, I can confirm that the 3-alpha month seems to work for everyone. All-numeric formats end up confusing someone, whichever format you choose.

1 Like

YYYYMMMDD or DDMMMYYYY

much appreciated. As someone who deals with people using the mmddyy and ddmmyy format, i can attest some files received could not be parsed due to incorrect date formatting

2 Likes

Although ISO 8601 standard YYYY-MM-DD makes sorting easier… :wink: