The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-03

Post your photos here! Be sure to include the hardware/software you use!

Sony A6000/Lightroom Mobile

4 Likes

Taken with my iPhone X, edited in Pixelmator Photo.

6 Likes

This makes me want to go to Montreal again and climb the “mountain” again. There is a cross up there that they light at night… as well as the opportunity for great overview shots of the city.

3 Likes

Headed to Manila this week, hoping to get some cool shots from my OG Pixel and 3a. I’m in desperate need of a new phone so I might grab a Xiaomi while I’m in town. Anyone familiar with which model has the best camera?

Our plan is to hit up Corrigedor Island for a tour of the WWII sites there, which I’m sure will provide for some good shots. I’ll update along the way!

Since a new thread is created. Here are some photos I have shot here at Adobe Max 2019

6 Likes

NICE @ant_pruitt!! Can’t wait to see all your content from Adobe Max.

Love the perspective.

1 Like

I grew up painting before I ever got my first camera. I have an obsession with light, darkness, and the edge between. The area around the cross was narrow, so I could only look up at at it. The crossing bar was actually a thing like a crescent moon on the ground below the cross. It is in Parque de la Esperanza cemetery in Arequipa, Peru.

4 Likes

do you have an iPad?

iPad 12.9 pro; I love it for editing. My laptop is only 12 inches, so the iPad is the bigger screen.

2 Likes

Taken with my Sony Alpha 6000, 203mm f8

Taken with my Sony Alpha 6000, 198mm f6.3

Taken with my Sony Alpha 6000, 198mm f6.3

Taken with my Sony Alpha 6000, 210mm f6.3

From on ferry trip to GlĂĽckstadt, near Hamburg. There were a lot of sea birds flying around and I found the wash from the ferry interesting to watch.

The bird images are lightly cropped, apart from that, no post-processing, other than to export a mobile-friendly JPEG version of the original RAW.

8 Likes

I noticed you mentioned painting. That’s why i asked if you had an iPad. I demo’d Adobe Fresco. It’s free for about 90% of the features. I demo’d the beta earlier this year. Fascinating for painting.

now that’s how you freeze action with a fast shutter. Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I love wildlife photography, but being on a budget means I don’t have a decent long focal length objective, I can only go to about 210mm. In this case, the birds (I think there are around 50 usable images in the series) were hovering close enough to the ferry to get some great images.

There was a hawk hopping across a field last summer, for instance. It looked funny and I took a series of photos, pretty much in the knowledge that they wouldn’t be useful. When I processed them, I think, at 250mm, the hawk took up 128x128 pixels on the 24MP resulting image… I’m saving up for a better lens, but there are other priorities…

Pixel 3.

The furkid wanted to get her photo taken too.

3 Likes

Nice. What lens are you using in these shots?

The Sony SEL55210 (55mm - 210mm zoom, F4.5-F6.3) e-Mount.

1 Like

I think Leo is right. Sunsets and Sunrises never look the same on a photo as they do in person.

Anyway, this was what I saw on the way to work this morning. I stopped and snapped a photo with my Samsung S8.

The sky came out clear - but the road is a bit fuzzy.

2 Likes

I heard someone say, maybe it was @ant_pruitt, that there is no lense that will ever have the same dynamic range as your eyes!

3 Likes