The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-24

Went out for a walk in the woods this afternoon.

Some lovely shots of the coming through the trees and lighting things up.

All shots with ISO 400 and apeture priority, hand held. The close-ups are mostly f4/f4.4, the alley shot is f16. I used the two Sony zoom lenses, 18-105 for the first 4 shots, then the 55-210 for the rest.

I found the autumnal leaves interesting, especially the curled up, dead leaf atop living leaves.

Here the sund coming through the trees and lighting up the leaves in a beautiful golden colour.

A view up the alley under the trees.

Again, the sun lighting up the layers of branches.

I found this one interesting, the log looks almost like an alligator hidden in the leaves.

The next two, I put the camera on the trunk and shot up the tree into the canopy. I had to lighten it in post and adjust the colours slightly. These are the only 2 images that have been adjusted at all.

I just spotted the green leaf laying on top of the browns and yellows. Just framing, no post.

A view over the field, once I came out of the woods.

And a look back down the alley.

13 Likes

Some amazing photos ya got there.

1 Like

Resting after plenty of ball chasing

13 Likes

you got me with the path images. LOVELY. I’m a sucker for leading lines

2 Likes

Pixel 3, nightsight mode.

Celebrating the 10 year anniversary of a local band in my city.

5 Likes

Hi pup! What a great shot. Happy doggy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So far the only pic I’ve taken recently is the sad pic of my TV displaying the Bungie error when I tried to play Destiny 2 with my then newly received Stadia setup. :frowning: We had a burst of warm weather, and all the snow is gone for now, so I’m not sure I will find anything that exciting to make an interesting photo.

2 Likes

Here are some more leading lines

5 Likes

Some street photography.
Imgur

3 Likes

From our hotel room this weekend.

7 Likes

Mmmmmm beautiful framing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is FIRE. Love how this worked for you

1 Like

what a great moment captured!

2 Likes

I had a lovely matcha latte a couple days ago. I love the vibrant green in this photo.

Tonight it was super foggy out and I tried to get something halfway decent with nightsight turned on, using Gcam mod on my OnePlus 6T

6 Likes

Thank you.

Took me awhile to get this shot as I was waiting for the lights to move at the right time.

Pixel 3.
Taken at Aquarium of the Bay.

I was pleased as the jellyfishes were moving slowly when this shot was taken.

12 Likes

Excited here as off to visit this one next Tuesday in Florida. :crossed_fingers:t2:the weather is better there than in the UK. Nikon D80, Luminar 4.

Em on the beach, Ponte Vedra Beach. FL

7 Likes

Foggy pic

9 Likes

this foggy image reminds me of those old World War images.

3 Likes

Lovely. Sweden or Finland? The Sölve should be Swedish and Repola is Russia, north of Finland, so Finland makes the most sense.

Edit: and going by your name, Finnish sounds likely.

1 Like

It is from my home town Kuopio Finland

4 Likes