The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-17

Here is this week’s photo thread!

NEW: This week’s theme is Depth of Field. Show us some of your great shots with that bokeh! (theme is optional, you, of course, can post any other photos you want to share.)

13 Likes

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.
Im in the UK, its 21:40 so choose your greeting based on what time you see this.
These are 3 year old photos taken with my Nikon D5200, saved in RAW and JPeg.
F/5.6, 1/125,

F/7.1 1/60

f/8 1/60 f/1.8 1/4000f/1.8 1/2500

f/4.2 1/2000
and I was caught taking that one, iPhone 6 Plus courtesy of Angela

and one mistake, shown on HOP by @ant_pruitt that I don’t know how to fix (if its possible).
f/4.8 1/200 iso 100.
Our little Holiday Cottage

Twit Community can save, edit, destroy (lol) or re-tweet all these photos.

Andy Silman (G8REM retired)
Humberside
England

5 Likes

Tree grown over a grave and grave fence

In the King Street Catholic Cemetery Honolulu, HI
Taken with Fujifilm X20 12 MP Digital Camera
Edited in Pixelmator Photo

7 Likes

As soon as @ant_pruitt showed this pic, I wanted to see if I could fix it. Here ya go!

6 Likes

Nice work. That’s a tough one to recover. :fist_right:t5:

3 Likes

Decrease the highlights and exposure is the first thing that comes to mind :fist_right:t5:

2 Likes

Unfortunately a cell phone doesn’t make it easy to take a shot with bokeh (the “theme”), but I took this the other day at a friends house when I visited him early in the evening when the full moon was low on the horizon. It’s not a traditionally pretty photo, but I thought the different lights made it a bit more interesting.

Pixel 2XL, exactly as it came off the phone, except to remove the street name on the sign and to resize it to 600x800.

5 Likes

Not a recent pic (2016 in fact), but taken on a phone that does not have a portrait mode - I just got very close in and got the blurred background.

3 Likes

Michael,
Wow that’s an incredible transformation.

Really appreciate that.

Thanks

Andy

3 Likes

@PHolder I Just wanted to mention that portrait mode on your phone’s camera app can be used for more than just photos of people. It has algorithmic bokeh. Here is a comparison:

7 Likes

Reverse bokeh if there is such a thing.

Saw this from my back door this morning and grabbed the tripod. Nikon D7500 300mm with a remote shutter release, added some green and yellow saturation to the foreground leaves and an AI Structure mask to the moon with Luminar 4. First time I’ve used back-button focusing @ant_pruitt :+1:t2:

10 Likes

Just some quick-and-dirty shots of my build of a PiDP-11 kit, which I got in the post the week from Oscar Vermeulen.

https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-11

6 Likes

I recently decided to visit the New York Public Library for the first time in quite a while. It’s a national treasure in my opinion. Sorry about not going with the whole bokeh theme.
Fuji X100T, Lightroom (iPad OS).

11 Likes

!

That is interesting. My desk is right next to a kitchen cabinet, so I grabbed the first thing at hand and set it to the front of the counter.

Thanks for the hint. I will use this for product shots I put in my blog.

The iPhone X was on portrait mode with natural lighting. Straight out of the phone.

3 Likes

Nice DoF. More improtantly - good doggo!

2 Likes

Taken with my XS Max in “portrait” mode

Taken with Angie’s XR

3 Likes

Look at that face! We just lost our second fur baby. We had two puggles. Love pugs! Great capture of depth. :slight_smile: @Olsenmike

2 Likes

@Uzetaab I recognize that mug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meat thermometer from a summer bbq!
Beginner shot from a Canon T5

6 Likes

mmmmmm, tasty FRAMING. . . . :fist_right:t5:

5 Likes