The best desktop music player?

I use VLC player…

2 Likes

Seems pretty likely. Reading what they said, it doesn’t discount a new desktop client, but the sense I got was they were going to make a mobile thing first.

I’ve given WACUP a try and I’m impressed for the most part. It doesn’t handle my single flac/cue rips, though. I’m also wondering if it can still rip CDs?

I do love the built in VGM support, though!

On my android phone and Chromebooks, i use Pi Music Player…

If you have the waveform seeker open you can see the cue points and track names.

The old CD engine has been changed. I think it still rips but would only use it if EAC didn’t work for some reason

I see. So it’s reading all of that, just not displaying it in the main UI. That works. I’m also not using the new library plugin, yet, so this might be added to that plugin at some point.

This seems like a pretty nice program to try out. I think I’ll give it a shot this weekend. Will it sync up with an android? On mobile I typically use VLC although the UI isn’t that great I have a lot of FLAC files.

Yeah I am still using the original media library view because some of the functions have not been finished in v2 yet.

@godfrey it has a portable devices section in the media library. Your droid should be shown there once connected.
Once listed you can change the defaults for a device so it copies or recodes sepending on format support and max desired quality.
Auto-syncing can be enabled with your preferred options for choosing music.

I am not sure if it still supports wifi syncing with the old Winamp droid app (available in the winamp forum)

2 Likes

I couldn’t get it to recognize my device. Unfortunate.

WMP is fine for syncing but it duplicates if you sync your entire library so you gotta remember which albums are new you so you don’t screw it all up.

I use xmms2 service on Linux and I’ve written my own gui client, must get around to releasing it as open source some day

3 Likes

holy cow that’s hardcore :grin:

2 Likes

VLAN, I am using it right now…