Search on IPad shows up on someone else’s mac

Have come across a situation- When I search on my IPad safari.WhatI have search for are showing up in my wife Facebook ads on her Mac. I do have a account on her Mac but don’t use it.I also don’t have Facebook I despise it.We do have one router for the house. This has just started recently. Any suggestions?
Thank you

What happens if your wife turns off ‘Off-Facebook activity’ (in settings)? A bit baffled though if you are on different devices how Facebook is getting your searches :thinking: Do you have a Google account syncing on both?

https://support.google.com/websearch/thread/39338842/why-do-my-wife-s-google-product-searches-appear-on-my-facebook-how-can-she-stop-it?hl=en

No we don’t have joined google account what we are starting to wonder is. Both devices had Bluetooth left for the airdrop and Bluetooth stereo in the house. So we are shutting them down to see to see if that’s cures it. Will let you know
Thanks

Since your ISP supplies you with a single IP address, and you are both behind the same router, effectively your whole household looks like one person to any entity tracking you simply by IP. If it’s really important to you that you avoid this then you could try using a VPN for one (or both) of you, and see if that nets any change, because then you should have different IP addresses (assuming you run the VPN client per device.)

2 Likes