Pixel 4 Gamepad

Anyone know if there is a USB C Gamepad that worKs with the Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL?

1 Like

My Samsung S8 came with a USB-C to USB-A converter. While I have not tried it - I have read that I can connect a USB gamepad with that converter for my Samsung S8.

If a gamepad will work on your phone - then just order one of those converter plugs. They sell them pretty cheap on Amazon.

I actually use mine on 1 of my chromebooks - to convert a USB mouse to USB type C

2 Likes

When picking an adaptor, make sure it’s described as an OTG adaptor (stands for USB On-The-Go). By default USB-connected phones usually expect to be a “slave” device talking to a PC which acts as a “master”. But when you connect an OTG adaptor, it makes the phone the master, and the peripheral device - in this case the gamepad - is the slave, which is what you need for it to interact with the software on the phone.

2 Likes

There is one on the Google store

https://store.google.com/us/product/gamevice_controller

1 Like

I want something that will attach to my phone so I can use it on the go. Even though I have PS3 controllers I can’t use that setup easily.

The one on the Google store only states to work with Pixel 2 and 3. It might work with the 4 but it doesn’t say one way or the other.

I feel like 8bitdo makes something bluetooth

https://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-pro-g-classic-or-sn30-pro-sn/

scroll down and you’ll find a clip:

The “Requirements” section says “Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL”.

1 Like

Did you see the review of the Stadia Controller?

I don’t know if you can use it as a generic controller for things outside of Stadia, but it would be pretty smart if Google thought about that. And they have a separate piece of plastic to clip the controller to the phone (as you can see in the review.)

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I’m loving using the Stadia controller just with Stadia itself but if I could also have the ability to use mobile games with it…that would be the perfect controller then.