Photo Thread: Week 2021-03-28

Dude, love the audio idea! Totally doing this the next time I have a worthy subject.

1 Like

Just to be topical: make sure you present the pair as a NFT :wink:

5 Likes

Excellent, glad you like it! I think it might work even better for scenes in a city - or any place that sounds like something, really.

1 Like

I think there was a Windows Phone app that paired a photo with audio.I thought about finding an iOS app to do it for my pond photo with audio of the frogs but got lazy and just posted a video, lol. The photo plus audio technique worked really well for me with some scenes in NYC and some at the beach.

1 Like

Our streetlights now use natural light :joy:

8 Likes

Finally got a chance to mess around with the Sony again today. I dusted tantalus, but only noticed after the photos, that I missed the left inside surface… Anyway, something for @ant_pruitt and other whisky lovers.

Tantalus with 12 Yr. Glenfiddich in the left decanter and an empty one on the right. Sun shining in from behind.

The granite coaster with Capture One autocorrect and IQ Professor filter, for a richer orange tint.

The granite coaster with no adjustments, just the raw shot.

The tantalus plus 5 whisky bottles in their packaging.

I played around with this one in Affinity photo and adjusted the lighting on each bottle individually. I really like how the Glenfiddich seems to glow.

I just adjusted the white level on this one.

And, finally, a black and white filter from Capture One applied to another photo of the bottles.

All taken with my Sony A6000 with the 18-105mm Sony lens.

10 Likes

Another experiment with overexposure and muted colors.

5 Likes

All of my favs. :heart_eyes: Also, I love the warmer color tones on this set. Got some tips on beverage photos coming soon on HOP.

3 Likes

It’s fun playing with light, right? Good stuff🤜🏾

1 Like

Been playing around with my presets and more stock/print content.

11 Likes

Yeah, I think Samsung does that too in their app (or at least used to). Sad thing is that these are not open formats afaik and thus pretty much useless to share. True though: technically, just make a video. But then, there is something special about audio with a still image. Don’t ask me what. Maybe the eye only gets a first clue and then the mind has to fill in from audio - maybe that’s exciting to the brain. Always fascinating that we think all day long with an organ we only understand to a certain degree, ourselves.

2 Likes

Spring has sprung.

7 Likes

Cherry blossoms?

1 Like

Magnolia tree. Looks lovely, but makes a real mess.

2 Likes

Sigh…we can’t grow them in Colorado…:cry:

I remember magnolias from living in Florida many years ago and yes, beautiful but messy. Many flowering trees are.

1 Like

Carefully arranged Dobie feet.

7 Likes

Finn started training for a working dog pack hike in May.

5 Likes

Just a couple from a Good Friday beach walk

8 Likes

10 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Photo Thread: Week 2021-04-04