New Chrome feature, tab content bubbles

I recently updated my Chrome to a new version. (I use Firefox as my primary browser, but need Chrome around to cast TWiT [Live] to my ChromeCast on my TV across the room.)

There is a new feature… a hover bubble that pops up over tabs. I’m still trying to decide if I like it or mostly find it an annoying distraction. How do you feel about hover pop-ups?

ChromeTabBubbles

Edit: my Chrome version is: Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2 Likes

are you referring to the tabhovercards ? you can disable this feature is the flags setting

chrome://flags/#tab-hover-cards

i like the old style, this new one seems to cutoff … the title text

old example
crop1

Well I don’t use Chrome a lot (as noted above) so maybe it existed in a different form and I was unaware, but something changed that I have actually noticed them for the first time.

I think this feature is great.

heavy chrome user and I usually have 40+ tabs open. this may be the best feature they have ever added :slight_smile: . just updated bast on this post, thanks a lot!!

There is also an experimental feature to add site previews to the tab hover cards.
See this article - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/google-chrome-75-has-a-working-tab-hover-card-feature/

3 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that. But now that you have pointed it out, I think I might like it.

Now this reminds me of the tab hover images in Notepad++. It can be helpful, and it can be annoying, no perfect situation… depends on how long you have to hover before they show up. I would tend to want the initial delay to be a little larger, but once it’s visible, if I move to another tab it should pop up right away.

1 Like