MBW 835: Dynamic Peninsula

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

Would have thought the dynamic island would be even more annoying than the notch. Something that doesn’t move and is just stuvk at the top of the screen would be something that you can probably filter out, and work around it to the point where you don’t notice it whereas something that moves and isn’t quite at the top of the screen would be something you keep noticing? I suppose it’d be alright if it can be locked to the top of the screen and go transparent so it doesn’t cover the screen if you’re using it as a camera

1 Like

I feel like there should be mariachis or steel drum band music playing every time the Dynamic Island opens up. So you know how festive it is. And you should have a drink with an umbrella in it.

1 Like

One free rum punch with every 1000 interactions :wink:

2 Likes

I thought of it like the Mote in God’s Eye, “here I am, stupid!”

Maybe we will get used to it, but a pill/hole or a notch, they are all as annoying as each other, but one that actually calls your eye to it by “waving”?

1 Like

It doesn’t have a screen there (in the centre), right? So no hope of “Eye of Sauron” mode?

1 Like

Yes, there is a screen between the pill and the hole, which lights up when you use the camera or microphone and apps will be able to take ‘advantage’ of it.

Couldn’t someone communicate with Andy during the show about that pesky fly?

I received my new iPhone 14 ProMax this past Friday the 16th!! It’s a really sweet ride, very fast, gorgeous display! So far I like Dynamic Island and the way it pops up things that are useful to know as you go along! I can see how useful it will be when devs start adding support to their apps! The case is stainless steel and glass, so I got the silver model, 512GB! More to come as I use it more intensely! Oh, and I started using it this morning at 6:15 it’s now 9:48 PM, played games, surfed the web, used ApplePay twice online and once in a grocery store and did emails and texts…it’s currently at 63% battery

2 Likes