Laptop suggestions

This system is $1400 on Amazon right now. It’s got a 4.5 out of 5 rating, which makes it tied for first with slightly more expensive systems, on PCMag.com: Acer Predator Triton 300 SE Gaming Laptop I 14’’ FHD 144Hz I 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i7-11375H I 16GB DDR4 512GB SSD I GeForce RTX 3050Ti 4GB I Backlit Fingerprint Sleeve + 32GB MicroSD Card, Silver

I can vouch for Acer systems generally but don’t own this system. The Macbook Air M2 would theoretically be a top choice for me if it had a game library comparable with Windows. The Nvidia GEForce Now service looks like an interesting way to avoid spending a lot of money on a PC just to game.

1 Like

Thanks for the info
I have a4k monitor that supports usb c charging (65w) as well
So there is no big need for docking just to add more usb c& A ports for my devices
So as the price matches well
I would consider the Omen (although the plastic cover is not appealing)
There were an inspiron plus that is not available now but as im comparing omen to TUF and MSI
Looks like a better deal unless i opt for a much more expensive one
Please let me know if that choice is acceptable

The only reason i need to have windows as well is for gaming and old files like old dvd video fies and all NTFS hards i have ( not to reformat them to xfat)
I have MacBook Pro for portability as well
Was not a fan of Acer generally and comparing the price with other brands like Asus lenovo etc
HP looks promising
Although i had my last HP (envy)for over 6 years for same reasons and gaming and had just 2 small issues
Last year the battery charge got stuck to 80%
And this year one line of dead pixels on the 4k screen (although i wasn’t using the laptop screen at all and was off all the time with lid open