TWIG 578: Find the Cat

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

3 Likes

I expect haters to hate all the political stuff even though the lines between tech and politics are so blurred, but I really love this episode. Great conversation!

1 Like

… and here I come walking through the door, grumbling about chief tech apologist Jeff. Perfectly regular Friday / Saturday. :wink: Like a breakfast club. Same topics, different day. Feels like home.

1 Like

Yes, Jeff is always “it’s just #technopanic and what is wrong with being tracked?”

And I am, “everything is wrong with tracking, it just isn’t necessary and it is an unwelcome intrusion into my life that I do everything I can to stop.”

1 Like

I’m simultaneously horrified and delighted that Facebook knows me well enough to tell me about the new farmer’s market nearby offering contactless ordering.

2 Likes

Yeah. That, coupled with the Gutenberg refrain, feels more like personal brand building and solidifying than looking left and right, finding new and contrasting evidence, and - with time - refined views.

It’s interesting how this might simply be required to maintain (a modern academic career with) a public profile: you have got to have one theme and hammer that home with catch phrases and clear labels. Identifiability beats variation every day.

I suppose that makes personal brands that position on finding new ideas feel more rewarding with time. That might be one reason for Leo’s magnetism as a host: always looks at the world with big eyes, wondering, never seems set on one idea. Maybe there’s benefit in a balanced contrast between a wondering host and determined, answering co-hosts. #TWIGmusings

1 Like

@Leo what Vixia model do you use?