Favourite Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy quotes

More like a passage, but love this part.

“After a fairly shaky start to the day, Arthur’s mind was beginning to reassemble itself from the shell-shocked fragments the previous day had left him with.

He had found a Nutri-Matic machine which had provided him with a plastic cup filled with a liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

The way it functioned was very interesting. When the Drink button was pressed it made an instant but highly detailed examination of the subject’s taste buds, a spectroscopic analysis of the subject’s metabolism and then sent tiny experimental signals down the neural pathways to the taste centers of the subject’s brain to see what was likely to go down well. However, no one knew quite why it did this because it invariably delivered a cupful of liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.”

4 Likes

“If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot, now”

3 Likes

I came here to post exactly that, thou the whole “skit” with the whale is quite hilarious as well:

5 Likes

Hehehe

“And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!”

3 Likes

I wonder if it will be friendly?

4 Likes

I tried to like that franchise, but never could get into it

1 Like

“This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

4 Likes

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 Likes