Karsten needs a chance on a panel

My favorite shows are twit, twig and AAA. I have to say some great comments come from Karsten on twit and twig. I think he should get a spot on ta panel every once in a while. Get him a real mic and let us hear what he has to say.

18 Likes

Agreed, time to pick that Harvard brain.

5 Likes

I agree. Let’s hear what he has to say.

3 Likes

he is camera shy, thats why he talks behind the camera. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A tiny correction: It’s spelled Karsten.

7 Likes

Oh sorry thank you mikah, sorry Karsten

1 Like

Agree! I love it when he drops an insight bomb on TWiT. He’s a smart guy, and I’d really like to hear more of what he has to say.

5 Likes

He might be in witness protection, so he can’t show his face on camera. Maybe they could only show him in silhouette like undercover cops on true crime shows. :grinning:

2 Likes

Will neither confirm or deny, but I’ll let this photo with Karsten speak for itself…

10 Likes

:smiley: i swear you ain’t right. He’s definitely a smart cat, but I doubt i want to know what else is in his brain

6 Likes

Just tossed a similar comment on one of the TWiG posts, not knowing where else to put it, and really liking his interactions with that panel, I’d like to move that he be moved to full panel member. Even if you have to have, say, a Wilson there to cut to when he’s talking for the video feed. Who watches the video anyway? I’ve been listening to @mikahsargent on an off for a couple years, and was shocked to see what he looked like. Not that he looks bad or anything, just different than the character who plays the roll of Mikah in my mind. And don’t get me started on the shock I had when I first saw the guys from Stuff you should know after Listening to the show for years…

2 Likes

I believe the correct way to say this is “He has a face for radio” :smiley: Just kidding of course @karsten , but if the future is audio, maybe there’s an opportunity there…?

Veronica Belmont started out the same way behind the camera occasionally adding comments.

3 Likes

Heck, Jason Howell started that way too.

4 Likes

He was on the new screen savers with his kid, wearing a suit and bowtie if I remember correctly. He could’ve entered witness protection since that but I doubt it!

I do like the commentary that Karsten does have to add. Again I’ll be the outlier here and say I’m not sure if he needs to be on a panel per se. I’m not against it, but he seems to feel more at home in his producer role. Might be nice to occasionally have a camera on him that just pops over to him as needed but I wouldn’t say he requires a dedicated spot on a specific panel. And honestly, reading what the TWIT staff has posted, I think part of the reason we get such great commentary from him is he is more comfortable off the camera.

1 Like

It would be awfully hard to push all the buttons I need to push during the shows if I were sitting at the table.

5 Likes

If the equipment there can be triggered via MIDI, you could adapt Imogen Heap’s MIDI gloves to control everything. Although, it may look like some weird interpretive dance routine. :grinning:

3 Likes

He does have good comments and insights, and good banter, but its up to him what he wants to do, but if he wants to remain behind the camera and produce that’s ok. He’s good where is at because we see some excellent guests on Triangulation, and does good picking panels, etc on the round table shows.

3 Likes

Where ever you sit Karsten, I appreciate both you technical and verbal contributions,
Thank You.

5 Likes