Bless Your Heart -count

This is a count of every time @ant_pruitt says Bless Your Heart. I just heard it in TWIT 739. I know there have been a few times before.

8 Likes

As a fellow southerner I love our phrases and idioms, like “bless your heart.”

Lesson:
What is the plural of y’all?
All y’all.

5 Likes

In the northeast the plural is “youse” or “youse all”.

1 Like

He also said it on TWIG 528. Which was an excellent episode, I must say! @ant_pruitt is a great fit for the show and the network. You rock, man!

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree with this more!!!

2 Likes

:smile::smile::smile: THIS thread! So funny. Though I now reside in the shadow of Silicon Valley, I’ll forever be a southerner. I yam what I yam

7 Likes

:fist_right:t4: to ya :smile:
Thanks for the support, fellow southerner

THANK YOU. I’ll say, it was truly a milestone to have my first appearance on the flagship show a couple years ago, I’m thrilled and honored to be a co-host on TWiG. I really love the conversations with Miss Stacey, Mr Jarvis and Mr Tofel. They have been so kind to me since BEFORE joining the network. Great messages of encouragement and friendship on several occasions. Me. Lil’ ol’ ME! Really means a lot.

3 Likes

And don’t you get around! I just “met” you on TWIT and you popped up on an episode of the Airline Pilot Guy! It seems everyone but me knew you. Anyhow, I love you on TWIT and look forward to seeing more of you.

1 Like

Lol @LedBlindly ! Yeah I was so surprised to be mentioned on their show. I’ve been a subscriber and patreon contributor for long time to that show. I love what they provide. :smile:

@FilD that week of TWiG STILL has me laughing.:smile:
Thanks for the support, my man. :fist_right:t4::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I kinda feel like we need a dagum count as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This post was just mentioned on TWIG 529

2 Likes

I always thought y’all is both singular and plural. Isn’t all y’all a bit redundant, even though I did hear people using it occasionally.

1 Like

This is based on my anecdotal experience. It’s usually contextual. Y’all is usually used in informal addresses. All y’all is used when giving directions, as in “I need all y’all to clean your rooms before we leave.” This usage lets everyone know there is an action for all present.

1 Like

Language lesson ahead.

You is second person singular, used for individuals.
Y’all is used when addressing multiple people, second person plural.

We used to have that distinction in English, thou is singular, ye/thee multiple, but abandoned it. Many other languages have a collective “you.”

7 Likes

Love having @ant_pruitt on Twit. Seems like a great guy… Except for that Clemson thing, lol.

Actually it could be worse… He could be a univ of South Carolina fan, lol.

3 Likes

Love my Clemson Tigers :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the support, @Mjw1964. You can join the #ClemsonFamily when you’re ready :grinning:

Real talk, @ant_pruitt…I always pull for them if they’re not playing my Heels. Loved seeing them defeat Alabama last few years.

Do you have any photos taken at Clemson football games? Sports photography might be an interesting topic for your show at some point.

1 Like