Ask the Tech Guy General Discussion

Hi Leo,
I am getting the Pixel 4XL BLACK. I have the pixel 2Xl. When you go to CES how are you going to attach your external mic(s). I have a Rode NGT2 Shotgun mic, a Ride Shotgun video mic, a Ride stereo video mic and a Ride video mic ME. I tried hooking up the video shotgun mic with adapter cable. Pixel phone detects mic. But the volume is ok quality at best. Are you going to use a external Pre-amp of some kind?

Thank You

1 Like

MacPhyle, Like you I have this wonderful ASUS router. I initially set it up to let the system decide, but I found that I was not getting the performance when I should have been getting the 5ghz bands I was getting 2.4ghz performance. So I setup it up with a 2.4ghz band for equipment that does not need to be using the performance or the router and the 5ghz for my machines that I am working on and have 5ghz functionality. I find it works so much better and I get the performance from the 5ghz bands when I need it. No guessing involved. Not saying it is the only solution, but this is what works for me. I have a 3000sqft home and am able to reach inside and out with the router upstairs.

Randy

2 Likes

Thank you Randy! I’ll check this out.

2 Likes

coyote, This is how DOS, CP/M, TRSDOS, Xenix, and many others including the main frame environments were all command line oriented. Xerox made the GUI popular but it was Windows, Apple Mac, and then the OS/2 environments along with XWindows in Unix were the early GUI environments. the command line is very useful to developers, but hardly useful to the everyday novice that just want to use their computer and get on the internet to do the few things that so many do today. Time has changed the world of computing. When I was in the Air Force, I worked in UNIVAC 1050-II environment where we used KSR Teletypewriters, where you had no backspace capability, when you made an error you hit CTRL-EOT or (D) to cancel, page up and start over for the line you were inputting. We have so much convenience today and now a computer more powerful than the early mainframes in our pocket.

Randy

A number of different Linux distros have been mentioned as an option from using Windows, and having used a number of them, I am still a big fan of Linux Mint, POP!OS, and a number of others, but no one has mentioned JULinux, a very well put together system much like Mint and POP! OS. I wonder if anyone has had any experience with the Senior Computers like WOW, and Telikin, which are Linux based.

Randy

2 Likes