Apps! Up for grabs for the Arena

Thought maybe we could have a place to suggest Arena contenders. Here’s a suggestion from me, up for grabs to @JasonHowell @ohthatflo or @ronxo.

2 Likes

I like this idea. I would love to be able to share apps that I find fun or useful.

2 Likes

Shhhhhh they don’t need to know. This’ll be my secret weapon! HA! Great idea!

2 Likes

@JasonHowell I think that should’ve been “Mwahaha!” :joy:

3 Likes

Very funny Jason :eyes: But I can seeeeee yooooou

3 Likes

I have not been able to quit this game for years. No ads! It has overpriced in app purchases, but the game is totally playable to the highest levels without ever buying anything if you are on a budget.

Simple match 3 puzzle game with depth. Build your roster of heroes and villains. Collect enough of the colour associated with their power and fire the power off. Some powers complement other powers from other characters very well, so finding the right teams is key.

2 Likes

Wallet.
This app is designed with Android material design principals.

3 Likes

Super interesting and well worth the price tag.

3 Likes

I just finished this gorgeous puzzle game, and I’ll be playing it again at some point. So good, I’ll play it over & over!

1 Like

@JasonHowell @ronxo @ohthatflo Via browser is great

Can you explain this a little more? The video is just a few panels and reviews. The description is also kinda lacking in what exactly this game is.

Looks beautiful

1 Like

Oh it’s a puzzle adventure. It’s like a picture book where you participate in the story. You don’t play a character, but you do change the main character’s environment to move the story forward.

1 Like

What is the goal of any given level or chapter? Like are you trying to line stuff up or are you trying to get an answer? Sorry if I’m sounding dumb.

2 Likes

You’re not. Well, each level will show you what the goal is. An animation will complete, and then the boy or man, whichever age he is in your level, will pause and wait for you to do what he wants. If he’s not giving you a clue, you’ll find the clue in another panel. You may have to move stuff around to see it.

2 Likes

This is the app

Notisave is a notification management tool. It has two highly desirable functions.

• It saves all notifications
  • It mutes notifications you choose you not to see

You can then go back to saved notification when needed, to look for that notification you missed!

Voice Notify (Free Open source)
This app saves me more time than any other.
Most of your phone notifications are for things you don’t need to deal with now, such as most of your social media and email notifications.

Once enabled and chosen apps are selected you will find you need to pick up and unlock the device a lot less often. eg. when you actually want to use it, or a message is one you don’t want to ignore.
You can put a widget on the desktop to switch it on and off.

F-Droid (Free Open Source)
The only app store with no malware or adware.
A lot less apps, but a whole lot safer and most can also be found in the playstore.
The preferred app store for Lineage, cyanogen and any de-googled privacy phone
https://f-droid.org

Trycorder (Free Open Source)
You hold in your hand an amazing piece of kit bristling with sensors.
Use it as it should be used :wink:
Make it so.

https://f-droid.org/packages/net.ddns.mlsoftlaberge.trycorder/

1 Like

I used to rely on VoiceNotify some years ago, before I got a smartwatch and set my phone to be silent all the time. It was very good then, but I think I’d like to know why it has disappeared from the Play Store, and from my Software Library listing (I don’t normally delete any entries from there unless they turned out truly worthless). It’s a little disconcerting that the github entry contains a (dead) link to a Play Store entry, implying the developer isn’t aware it’s no longer there.