Amanda Gorman and her “fashion statement”

Good evening,

I was listening to the latest episode and was reminded that sometimes we just talk to fill the air. Amanda Gorman came up in conversation and all that Leo seemed to be able to say is how much he didn’t like her outfit. Maybe, just maybe, the conversation should stick more closely to cloud services and their impact as opposed to fashion advice.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I loved her outfit. You’re confusing me with someone else.

I loved her poem even more!

2 Likes

I think the confusion here is what you said about Gaga’s outfit. Not Amanda’s.

2 Likes

@jayeltwo I was so perturbed that you would think I dissed Gorman (to the point that you actually created an account here just to slag me) that I checked the tape. And, indeed, I was not a fan of Gaga’s petticoat (although that’s one of the best renditions of the national anthem I’ve ever heard).

And as for Gorman, I said “she was amazing!”

4 Likes

Well, @MiltonScritsmier apparently you’ve never had the misfortune to suffer a very persistent troll, as has @Leo and TWiT (and have I in my past.) If you’re not willing to spend the money on staff to weed that sh*t out in real time then it’s easier to limit your exposure. I virtually NEVER read comments on YouTube (or many other places) because most people are not nice. These forums have, generally, been a pleasant counter-example.

3 Likes

Good morning, Leo,

How I wish that I could delete this post. However, I want to extend an apology. I have listened to your shows for quite some time. I truly meant no harm. I misheard while listening to the show in the background. This is a reminder for me to slow down. I did not intend to troll.

Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

I can’t speak for @Leo, but we all make mistakes.

Being big enough to admit the mistake and apologize is what makes the difference. I know I’ve made similar mistakes over the years and apologising is the only way to make amends - and often it will take the wind out the sails of those attacking you over it.

Luckily, in this case, it is a friendly forum and personal attacks are very rare here.

6 Likes

OMG I just noticed Bernie in Jeff’s office. LMAO! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

No offense taken at all @jayeltwo - I’d be pissed if I thought someone attacked her, too!

Amanda Gorman is everything that’s right with young people, even though she went to Harvard. That’s why I was so quick to defend myself. I wouldn’t want anyone to think for a second that I didn’t think she was amazing.

FWIW I think Gaga is amazing, too. We went to see her Vegas show and adored it and her wardrobe. I was just a little taken aback by the flamboyance at what was, I considered, a very dignified and serious event. But now I realize the world needs peacocks as much as peahens! So GO GAGA!

2 Likes

Best. Thumbnail. Ever! Credit to Victor, our editor, for his mad Photoshop skillz.

2 Likes

Here’s a fun fact - @MiltonScritsmier is the troll! (I can always tell by the odor.) He sneaks in here from time to time to stir things up.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just to be clear Milton is a real person the troll is impersonating, and Milton has never posted here… but is quite active on Steve Gibson’s newsgroups.